1 . Name of the Department: Geography
2 . Year of Establishment: 2001
3 . Names of Programmes / Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters, Integrated Ph.D., etc.)
4 . Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : NIL
5 . Annual/ semester/choice based credit system (programme wise)
6 . Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments: i)Environmental Science
7 . Courses in collaboration with other universities, industries, foreign institutions : Nil
8 . Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9 . Number of teaching posts:
* Out of Total filled post: 00 Associate Professor and 01Assistant Professor
10 . Faculty profile with name, qualification, designation, specialization:
|Name||Qualification||Designation||Specialization||No. of Years of Experience||No. of Ph.D. Students guided|
11 . List of Senior Visiting Faculty:Nil
12 . Student -Teacher Ratio (Programme wise) :
|Level||Class||Number of teachers||Student: Teacher Ratio|
13 . Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff sanctioned and filled Central Support:-Nil
14 . Qualifications of teaching faculty with DSc/ D.Litt/ Ph.D/ MPhil / PG.
|Ph.D.||M. Phil.||PG with SLET/NET||PG|
Note: Some M.Phil./ Ph.D. degree holders have also cleared NET/SET
15 . Student profile programme/course wise :
|Name of the Course/programme||Applications
*M = Male *F = Female *RA = Result Awaited
16 . Diversity of Students:
|Name of the Course||% of students from the same state||% of students from the other state||% of students from abroad|
17 . Details of Infrastructural facilities :
|a) Departmental Library||No. of Books: 00
No of Journals:
|b) Internet facilities for Staff & Students:||Yes|
|c) Class rooms with ICT facility||01|
18 . Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures / workshops /seminar) with external experts :
|Year||Title/Type of Programme||Names of Resource Person(s) (External)|
|2016-17||Guest Lecture||Prof.Dr.D. N.Pawar|
19 . Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning :
1. Lecture method with PPT
2. Field visit to geographical location
3. Assignment, internal test on topic.
20 . Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities:
i) Celebrate the ozone day and Geography association inauguration programme.
ii) Celebrate the Geography day.
iii) Organized tree plantation programme in college campus.
21 . SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans :
- Regular lectures assignments, class test & Tutorials.
- Seminar & Workshop.
- Appropriate Department to study the persons individual economy as well as overall economy.
- To grow student teacher ratio.
- This college is located in rural area due to lack of awareness to the education in student.
- The student approach is very poor towards education.
- Student background is different.
- To get perfect knowledge of the Geography.
- New skill and technique is well developed through Geography subject.
- GIS and Remote sensing skill developed student.
- To get good and well job opportunities to this subject.
- To develop good geographical and environmental knowledge through this subject.
- To develop the research skill in student.
- To growth the student ratio.
- To give opportunities.
- To change the rural background of student.
- To start the specialization in Geography at UG level.
- To established weather station in college campus.
- To organized state and national level seminars.
- To start a certificate course of travel and tourism.